- Online Store
- About Us
- Ayurvedic Treatment
Yatan Yoga Therapy
Do you feel you are not getting the most out of your yoga practice? Or have health problems and are nervous about making them worse through doing inappropriate postures or breathing exercises?
In a one-on-one yoga session with Raman Das, you will have an Ayurvedic assessment done first - then your customised yoga program will be created. You will be taught how to perform your routine correctly and safely - and with periodic review it will be adjusted to ensure you are getting the maximum health benefits from your practice.
Duration: 30 minutes Cost: $96
60 minutes $125
Who can benefit from Yoga Therapy?
- Are you suffering with stress whether it be physical, mental emotional or spiritual in origin?
- Are you already practicing yoga but would like to deepen your practice?
- Would you like to rebalance your body and regain your health?
- Do you have an acute or chronic health condition?
- Do you suffer with morning stiffness and/or general aches and pains?
If you answered yes to any of these then you will benefit greatly from a personalised yoga therapy consultation with me.
What happens during a YATAN Yoga Therapy consultation?
- Step 1: I will ask you why you have come for a yoga therapy consultation and about any health concerns that you may have.
- Step 2: Ayurvedic assessment. This includes:
- A pulse diagnosis and body type assessment to determine your dosha (vata, pitta and kapha) and any imbalances.
- Specific questions to enable me to understand your current health condition and any acute or chronic problems you may have. I will also ask about your current dietary and lifestyle habits and medical history.
From the answers that you give I will be able to assess where toxins have accumulated in your body, the organs affected and which doshas are out of balance. I will then tailor a specific yoga program consisting of relevant postures, breathing techniques and meditation for you. Your customized program may last anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes.
- Step 3: Practice run through.
Once I have described and demonstrated your program to you we will run through it again together. This will enable me to ensure that you are doing the postures etc. correctly and it will give you the chance to ask further questions.
- Step 4: Conclusion
As your condition changes and improves through your yoga practice it is necessary to have further consultations to update and adjust your yoga program accordingly. Depending on your specific health problems, you may need to see me weekly, monthly or quarterly.
What benefits will I get from the Yoga Therapy consultation?
- Removal of energy blockages
- Increased energy levels and even energy distribution throughout the body
- Alleviation of current health condition symptoms
- Improved flexibility and circulation
- Transport of nutrients from one organ to another to ensure healthy organ function
- Improved relaxation and sleep
With over 20 years experience as an Ayurvedic Vaidya, and 40 years of practical yoga experience, Raman Das has particular expertise in:
- designing a Yoga practice suited to your Ayurvedic constitution, and tailored to benefit your current health concerns
- yogic diet and lifestyle advice
- problems and disturbances arising from more serious yoga practice.
Raman Das recommended that I do 15 minutes of warm up practices each morning and I have been practicing the yoga from his book for 3 weeks and have already started to feel more open through my hips and legs. I haven't been able to move this freely in a very long time. I have more energy and feel happier throughout the day and my anxiety has subsided.
I had been going to the gym religiously for years doing my regular program. Raman Das recommended particular yoga practices to do each day for 15 minutes and in 4 weeks I have started to feel far greater benefits than I ever did from going to the gym. I also have a newfound level of peace and my friends comment on how healthy and vibrant I look.
- Yoga Therapy - Bringing Better Health To All
- Flexibility - The Key to Health, Happiness and Longevity
- Ujjayi is King for Panic Attacks
Learn about the importance of Flexibility to total health, and our wholistic YATAN approach: